Saturday 31 October 2015

Advice This Young Man On What To Do

This email was inspired by another email i recently received. I know you will appreciate it:

Dear WNB,

I am a 30-year old college dropout whose childhood dream was to become a psychologist like my grandfather. Right now, I am a librarian at a city library who moonlights on the side as a life coach. I enjoy my day job, but my life-coaching gig is the work that really moves me – it gives me a chance to indirectly dabble in psychological counseling. This side gig has started to gain traction, and several of my recent clients have told me that I would have made a great medical psychologist.

But if I go back to college and get my degree, then go to graduate school, then complete my internship and dissertation, and finally begin my own legitimate psychologist/counseling practice, it will take me almost eight years from today. And, in eight years I will be 46 years old!

I’m trying to decide what I want to do. Do you have any thoughts or advice for me?

Sincerely,
An WNB Reader..

please comment and advice this man on what ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your email and subscribe to the RSS feed